I am an enthusiastic and driven aspiring Game Designer, constantly fueled by a thirst for knowledge and growth in the field.
Originally from South Africa, I relocated to Canada in 2018 to pursue my passion. In 2022, I proudly earned my Honours Bachelor of Fine & Applied Arts degree, majoring in Game Design and Development with a minor in Leadership from Wilfrid Laurier University.
With my education and experiences, I am filled with optimism for the future, eagerly anticipating the opportunities to manifest my creative visions into reality.
4 years of at Wilfrid Laurier University for a Honours Bachelors Degree in Game Design and Development.
I am currently immersed as a Junior Engineer at Sunblink Entertainment LLC working on Hello Kitty Island Adventure!.
I am currently managing and hosting two websites.
This Portfolio Website.
And a Technology BlogClick HERE to view Blog
While my primary focus lies in C# and Python, I have also cultivated expertise in a range of coding languages through dedicated practice.
Since October 2023, I have been working as a Junior Engineer here at Sunblink Entertainment!
I have had the privilege to work on the core engineering team, add some features to Hello Kity Island Adventures and improve efficiently of others in my time here.
My main focus at Sunblink is quality of life improvements for future development.Click HERE to view our Website.
I spent 2 years working for Andromaverse on an exciting 2.5D open-world RPG game built on the blockchain. It incorporates the innovative use of Crypto transactions and NFTs from the exclusive Andromaverse Collection.
In this immersive gaming experience, players will embark on a journey of discovery and exploration, roaming through a captivating open world. They will engage in various activities such as breeding, evolving, battling, and crafting, forming the core gameplay loops.
As the sole programmer on the game design team, I have the privilege of working alongside a highly talented group of artists, animators, and other individuals. Together, we are dedicated to bringing the Andromaverse to life, creating a rich and engaging gaming universe.Click HERE to Learn more on Twitter.
In my spare time, I am currently dedicated to developing a 3rd person Fantasy RPG which includes tactical battles, which will in time be demonstrated as a tech demo.
Here are some of the key features already implemented in the game:
- A smooth Camera and Movement system, both in free roam and tactical format.
- An intuitive Inventory and Equipment System that allows players to manage and organize their items and gear efficiently.
- A Branching Dialogue System. Where NPC's are fit with Animation Rigging.
- A turn-based tactical Battle System that encompasses a wide range of actions, including light and heavy attacks, managing stamina, health, and mana, executing powerful abilities.
- An intelligent AI System, where enemies react strategically based on angle and distance, engage in pursuit, incorporate field of view, and employ an alert system for added challenge.
- A Day/Night and date system.
I set a challenge to myself to create and complete a game in 7 days.
Although not complete, here is what came from 7 days of work in my spare time.
- A smooth Camera and Movement system.
- An Inventory System that allows players to manage and organize their items and gear.
- Procedural dungeon generation.
- Procedural enemy spawning.
- AI enemies with an alert and roaming system.
- A character selection screen.
- A simple battle system.
- An ability system.
- A shop.
During one of my interactive media courses at Wilfred Laurier, I created an interactive story for one of my assignments.
I hope to show some of my narrative/storytelling abilities with this example.
If you are interested and have the time, please give it a read, it should only take about 5 minutes.Download the HTML and play!